Friday, October 6, 2017

Mother Nature insured the underbelly didn't get done.

So I actually got up early today and got going earlier than usual.  Unfortunately, the rain was supposed to wait until tonight, but that didn't happen.  I was dodging showers all morning.  I still managed to get all the seams taped except one small corner in the front and the front itself.  Despite the crappy picture, it is tape. 

I also went to Home Depot (both last night and this morning) and got all the plumbing materials.  The moving coupon they sent me saved me quite a bit of money, since I bought all the plumbing stuff on it, and all of it was 10% off.  One interesting note is that all the PVC fittings are from Nibco, which might sound familiar.  I have more pex than I need to do the water lines, but the only sizes were 10' or 100ft.  I decided to go with the rolls for all but the hot water main (3/4" red).  I will have a bunch leftover, but I needed enough to the point where the cost bump to 100' was minimal. 

That is a lot of stuff...

Since this is the end of my vacation time for the year (outside of a couple of already scheduled days around Thanksgiving and Christmas) I am headed out to visit Aunt and Uncle and Mike this weekend, so there won't be any updates until Sunday.  

Thanks to mother nature (I could easily have finished the underbelly today), no movement on the checklist.  I will hopefully finish it up on Sunday when I return.

1 comment: