Monday, October 16, 2017

More plumbing. Surprise surprise.

I went up after work today after trying to get to a bank to find out that the loan officer had already left for the day, and the first thing I did was start poking was the plow blade.  It really is in nice condition, and is a lot heavier built than I would have thought considering it is a lawn tractor implement.


The blade and the tabs are both in good shape.


The mechanisms aren't rusted.  The left arm allows the swinging of the blade, and the right one raises and lowers the blade.


It also came with the mounting brackets for the tractor.  There is just one problem.  I have no idea how to attach it...  Looks like I will be watching some Youtube later tonight.  I think the left side bolts into the frame of the tractor, but I am not sure.


I then decided to go work on some more plumbing.  It turns out my hacksaw which I have been using when modifying the already hung pipes had a quality Stanley blade in it. 


I laid out the plumbing for the toilet, since it will drive the rest of the sewage.  I am a 60 short, I need a 60 where I have the 22.5.  It is a lot of bends in a short area, I hope it won't be a flow issue.  Basically it goes flange, 45 to make it flow back towards the center, a double 60 to get it from above the metal trailer frame to below the metal trailer frame, a wye for the sink that will act as the wet vent, and then the wye for the shower/floor drain.  This oddness is largely because of the the triangular trailer frame oddness.  I will have to raise the toilet a couple inches off the floor to have enough room for the plumbing, but I needed to have the toilet on an independent platform anyway since the floor will not be level, it needs to be able to drain.  I can't wait until I get to that headache.


I also dry fitted the next chunk of the bathroom sink.


The biggest problem with dry fitting - it is difficult to get everything tight enough together to stay put.


I also put the next set of joints on the laundry room side.  Currently I am running a 60 here on the bottom, since the upper 90 is not perpendicular, but I might consider either adding a 22.5 and making it perpendicular.  I am trying to minimize the amount of fittings because each bend causes slow down in the water flow.  There shouldn't be much in the way of solids in the washing machine line, but it still isn't a good idea to impeded flow any more than you have to. 


I stopped at Home Depot on the way home as is becoming my habit, and looked at toilets.  The good news is that they are narrower than I thought, which is nice.  This one is the current front runner.


I also received the new light today.  It is very bright.  This was taken indoor with no other lights on and without the flash.  Not bad for a 20W light.


It is such a small thing.


My current outdoor lighting will now get demoted to being spot lighting, which is all I originally planned to use it for anyways.


No real movement on the loan front.  I didn't get to the bank early enough today to talk to anyone.  Tomorrow I will probably go up during lunch since I don't have as many meetings tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment