Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Finally some real work.

After running around the last couple of days, it finally felt good to go up and just work.  I still made a couple trips home to check my email since the loan person is playing 20 questions (email is fine since my phone only sometimes wants to work up there), but It was good to just get stuff done.

I pretty much worked on the underbelly the entire day.  Adding it to the front was really easy.  The trailer jack is still strong enough to lift the entire trailer.


The front part is covered now


The first piece went easy, the second was a real pain.  It is a real pain to spray the adhesive on and then try to get the whole thing lined up.  The second piece didn't go on as well.  Oh well, I intend to tape all the seams anyways.  I also didn't use adhesive across on the other ones.  I can add it later from the inside.  I am hoping that will work better.


In general, adding the tape on the seams and gluing the pieces together is going to be interesting.  Some of the sheets are drastically different with regards to how tight they are.


Because of that snafu and the general issue of having problems keeping everything taught, the piece ended up being too short.  The wind wasn't helping matters either.


Nothing a piece of tape can't fix though.


Wrapping it around the front was a little tricky.  I didn't cinch everything tight, I can just fill it with insulation.  The first side I did looked terrible.


The second side came out a bit better.


This is as far as I got.  I got the front and the hard part in the middle over the axles complete.


The inside looks strange now.


Honestly, most of the work I did today looks awful, and the underbelly will look pretty wretched when I am done, but it ought to be functional.  I can fix it later if I really want it to look pretty.  It was a lot harder than I expected to get it nice, and the adhesive I am using gives you only one chance, once the two pieces touch, it is game over, that is where it is staying.  I don't think I am going to worry about it.

I got the base layer installed on 2/3 of the trailer but I only might finish it tomorrow.  I still have to watch out for the loan people, and after getting the base layer on, I still need to glue and tape all the seams, and I was going to spray some rodent block foam in a few spots to ensure rodent protection.  There is a slim chance I will finish it tomorrow, but I am not getting my hopes too high.

No movement on the checklist.

No comments:

Post a Comment