Friday, October 20, 2017

Good progress and a nice day for a change.

No update yesterday since I didn't get out of work until 7PM, and decided not to go up.  Today however was really nice.  I used an appointment with the bank as an excuse to leave at 2:30, even though I was done at the bank before 3:30.  I should know how it goes Monday.  I applied for a personal loan.  The interest rate is high at 9.25%, but I don't really have a choice.  The longest term is 5 years, and I hope to have it paid off in 3. 

I took the extra time and went up and got a fair amount done compared to recent updates anyways.  It was a nice day, so I was able to cement all the way up until I left.  Something I noticed when I got there is that the Good Stuff Pest block foam isn't very good at blocking pests.


I also got tired of the pipes in the wall being not in the wall, so I rigged up a quick brace to keep it in the wall until I know where the cross beams for the sink and whatnot are going to be for the final version.


The sink drain is complete.


The drain line is really starting to take shape too.  Despite how it looks in the picture, I did dry fit the connection into the wye, it will meet.  The second wye is for the shower drain, and the little blip on the corner is for the spare venting I wanted to install.  The last wye is for the laundry drain.  I have one more not pictured for the kitchen.  It turns out I am going to have a lot of spare fittings.  Good thing I still have all the receipts. 


I also drew up where all the lines are going to go for the source.  Thankfully it should be easier than the PVC.  I hate plumbing.  The 2" stuff isn't too bad, but the three inch stuff sucks.  They take forever to cure, and you have to hold it good and tight until it is a little bit better than set, otherwise the pipes push out.  The 2" pushes out as well, but not nearly as bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment