Monday, October 30, 2017

Mice win this round, even it up at 1-1.

I didn't do much up there today, though I did go up during lunch.  A lot of trees came down.  I came across almost a dozen sizable trees that had come down on my way up.


The power went out yesterday, and wasn't restored until this afternoon.  They had Hubbard road blocked.  Thankfully I came in the other side.


Thankfully, no major damage on my property.  A bunch of stuff like this: a branch that hit the ground so hard it buried itself almost an inch and a half in the mud.


All my leaves are gone.  All in one fell swoop.  A few days ago, most of these trees still had almost all their leaves.


I was in for a rude surprise when I got there.  One of my traps had been blown clean off the block it was sitting on, but none of them had been tripped.  The mice had clearly been around though.  They win this round.  So much for my plumbing plans... 


Most of my work today after work was done at home.  It wasn't warm enough to do waste line plumbing, so I brought everything home where I can work in the second heated bedroom.  The first thing I did was paint my insulation, so if I ever have to look at it again, I can differentiate hot and cold.  I was a little surprised I couldn't find them color coded in the store, but nothing a couple cans of spray paint couldn't fix.


The humongous box finally came in handy.


My hands look like I murdered a member of the Blue Man Group.  This was after I scrubbed a lot of it off.


I also got all the plumbing marked and got the AAV assembled.  It was after 9 at this point, I decided not to fire up the chop saw.


I spoke with Barry, and he recommended sunflower seeds as bait, he said it worked much better than the peanut butter on his traps, so I might pick some up tomorrow and get them put out.  Time to up the ante.

No comments:

Post a Comment