Monday, October 2, 2017

Not very productive day

Today wasn't very productive.  I had another round with the post office, I think they are forwarding the underbelly to Sullivan, but I didn't get a high degree of confidence they have any clue what is going on.  I also stopped at the bank today.  They have stopped giving out construction loans to owner/builder, and don't have personal loans that go over 10k.  So I will be visiting Key tomorrow.

I did get a little bit of work done.  I borrowed Tim's hole saw and put in the attic vents.  I didn't realize until after it was too late, but I needed a 4" saw and he brought up a 4.25" saw.  Nothing some silicone can't fix.


Ok, a lot of silicone.


That said, they are in and don't look bad.


I had time and was out of materials, so I also went around and pulled all the nails that were misses I had pushed out because they were in the way of something.


I also filled them in so they are watertight.  I tried to keep it thin so it doesn't look odd when the siding is painted.


I really hope the underbelly gets delivered tomorrow.  I already have the seam tape and the adhesive spray.  I have Jason (another coworker) bringing in some Pex crimpers, so I won't have to buy those.

I am going to cross off the attic vent item from the checklist since even if I had the AAV (air admittance valve) you can't install it without the plumbing stack in place, so I will do that when I do the plumbing.  Since Home Depot doesn't carry large enough ones for use on a stack, I will have to order it online.
  1. Square up the corners
  2. Attach ceiling beams
  3. Secure rafters and beams with hurricane ties
  4. Attach the subflooring to the trailer frame.
  5. Sheathe the roof
  6. Install tar paper to make the roof watertight.
  7. Install windows and AC.
  8. Tyvek wrap.
  9. Install roof.  Including the drip edge.
  10. Install siding.
  11. Install attic vent
  12. Run the rough plumbing. (includes gas line for stove)
  13. Run the rough electric.
  14. Install rodent barrier.
  15. *Finish the exterior.  Do Skirting.  *14
  16. *Install insulation. *14
  17. *Install flooring.  *16
  18. Install light fixtures.
  19. Install ceiling and attic insulation. *18
  20. *Install paneling  *13, 16
  21. *Complete electrical and plumbing.  *20
  22. *Install final flooring (carpet/linoleum).  *17, 20
  23. Install interior fixtures.  When I get here, I will likely create a new list for the interior work.

The big task for tomorrow is to visit Key Bank to look at a loan, and hopefully tonight I can finish up the BOM for the plumbing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment