Saturday, October 14, 2017

More riveting plumbing

I helped Anx move this morning, and headed up in the afternoon to continue on the plumbing.  The first thing I did was hang the existing parts.  One of the straps needs to be tightened, but that is a minor thing. 


I got the bathroom side started, but made an oops.  I mis-measured the long pipe.  Doh! This is why you are supposed to dry fit check these things... 


I mostly worked on the laundry room side though.  The trap is in, all these were checked before they were cemented and are correct.  I just need to install it, which I didn't do because I was missing a couple of parts.


I didn't realize that the 45's I purchased were only flared on one side, so I needed to go pick up some couplers, and I ran out of pipe, all of which I picked up on the way home.  Tomorrow I should finish the laundry room side and hopefully the bathroom, which will be significantly more complex.  I am also going to look at and probably pick up a plow tomorrow for my tractor.  I will put it on mine and see how solid it is (I expect it will be cringeworthy) but I can also bring it down for Dad to use.

1 comment: