Sunday, October 22, 2017

Nice but frustrating day.

I got a bit of a late start, I haven't been sleeping too well, and slept in today.  I also had to make a Home Depot run, since I decided that despite being able to physically push the two pipes together I didn't really want to put that much stress on the pipe.  I tightened up the 3" line, the double 60 is a bit shorter, and the flat part up by the flange is a little shorter.  I had to whack one of the 60s to do it though. 


Most of the day was spent screwing around with this damn joint.  Apparently the Nibco wye fittings are really tight on the inlet.  Twice I failed to get this joint to work. 


Even wrenching on it hard enough to rip out the straps.


In the end, I ended up splitting the pipe going into the wye and pulled the whole 3" assembly out so I could get better leverage.  I basically had to lean all my weight on it to get it to go together properly.  The other wye was similarly obnoxious, so I installed the pipe into that one too while I was at it. 


I got the dry fitting done for the shower drain.


I had hoped to finish the sewer lines today and work on the supply tomorrow.  I forgot to post it yesterday, but I did the detailed design of where I wanted the manifolds and the like for the supply lines.  In case you have forgotten since yesterday, I really hate plumbing, especially given that I should have done it from the ground up instead of top down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment