Sunday, October 29, 2017

The return of the plumbing.

It was wet and rainy all day, so I stayed inside.  I think I found the issue with the waterproofing, the seams are leaking. 


This puddle is in the back, there is no way it is caused by the front leaking.  The sides are perfectly dry.  This means that the tape isn't watertight like it is supposed to be.  I am not sure how to fix that to be honest.


The first thing I did was put out the mouse traps.  I have three traps down by the trailer.  One by the front of the trailer, one by the door, since they frequently hide around the tires, and one in the tractor.  I also put one up in the shed over by the tools (where I had the poison the first time).  I also put the poison in the shed. 


Today I worked on plumbing (surprise surprise).  Since I didn't like the idea of running the chop saw in the rain, I decided to work on the supply lines instead.  Pex is actually really easy to work with.  Both manifolds are installed, and the branch lines are installed up to the tee. 




One of the crossbeams is in the way.  I will probably take a few chunks out of it.  I considered cutting the whole thing out, but decided against it. 


Since I don't have the floor or wall in, the rest of the supply line plumbing will be a challenge.  This goes back to the whole order of operations thing.  The plumbing requires the floor be installed.  The floor requires the plumbing and insulation be done since I did the underbelly first.  an annoying circle, because I did things in the wrong order.  I think I might start building the center wall anyways.  I have everything in my car in case I get bored tonight and decided to do the kitchen drain line.  I also picked up a bunch of stuff at Home Depot, including an exterior light and exterior boxes along with the wire for the generator plug so I can finish that stuff up, since it is primarily what is preventing me from insulating the walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment