Monday, May 1, 2023

Rain rain go away.

Friday after work, I didn't have much time, but I did get the rest of the stuff packed on the slab, the extension cords, the timed outlets, and stuff like that.  Friday was the only dry day of the weekend unfortunately.  


Saturday I spent dodging showers.  Even though they weren't supposed to start until the afternoon, I woke up to pattering on the roof.  I still got a few things moved up.  The tractor got a workout, since I really didn't want to lug those drums around any more than I had to.  


I put the clothesline somewhere where it can hopefully still be used.  I got the last tote out of the house.  There are still things I can move, but at this point I am comfortable calling the preliminary stuff done.


I brought up a few other things, like the patio chairs, before I got frustrated with the rain.  Sunday was much of the same, but Sunday I decided to do things that could be done in the rain.  I got the spot for the power company done.  


In between patches of drizzle, I got the tractor all greased up, since it was only a couple of tenths of an hour from being due.  


For the base layer, I used these rocks.  These were originally intended to smooth out the area between the carport and the rock wall, but oh well.  


For the top layer I ended up taking them out of the carport.  Honestly, I put it down really thick in the carport, because it was soft and wet in the carport, so you still can't really notice.  I took two buckets of gravel out of here.  


I had originally intended to take it from my spare rock pile in the back, but the back yard was goo from all the rain.  This is about two feet from the slab, and I decided not to press my luck.


But the spot it smoothed, and I ran over it with the tractor to pack it.  Doesn't look bad.  I didn't get it level, but it is much closer than it was before.


Next up was emptying the carport.  I started by moving the lawn tractor out, but it wouldn't start.  The battery was suspiciously weak, despite it running last weekend for a while.  I will have to monitor it, but the battery might be toast.  It is only 2 years old though, and I charged it every month over the winter.  


After I got it running I finished emptying out the carport.  If anyone needs a gas can, I have literally 6 gas cans in the 2ish gallon range and would be more than amenable to parting with a few of them.  Everything except the stuff I need to use with regularity is now up in the portable garage or shed.  I intend to mark the carport packing as complete, but as I write this, I can see that I forgot the boards in the corner.


I also emptied off the slab.  All that is left on the slab is my grill, a chair, and the stuff for the cap.  There is also a little bit of stuff under the house that hasn't been moved yet.  


The portable garage is filling up quickly.  The miter saw stand is quite large.  I can stack stuff under and on top of it though.  


Still though, when you look at it, I think it is pretty close to full, or will be when I finish packing.  I still need to fit my closet, pantry, dresser, washing machine, futon, and all that in here.  That will pretty much finish filling it.


A few things are down.  It is crazy to think that in two days the propane gets disconnected, at which point I lose my stove and hot water.  I lived in the house for 6 months without hot water, but things like the dishwasher become much less effective without it.  A lot of the remaining parts are supposed to come in this week too, Notably the fridge and microwave.  I saw this in the flyer that Northern Tools sent me though which looks interesting.  I was intending to build one, but this is cheaper than I could build it: https://www.northerntool.com/products/fish-cleaning-camp-table-with-faucet-24546

Before the site work:
  • Get a 2 5/16 ball for my truck
  • Get rid of unneeded appliances (propane, stove, fridge, water heater)
    • Propane - Scheduled for May 3rd
    • Stove
    • Fridge
    • Water Heater
  • Finish packing up house
  • Move house to parking spot.  Plug septic.
  • Fix generator again.

No comments:

Post a Comment