Friday, April 28, 2023

Not a terribly productive week.

I haven't gotten too much done this week.  We had frost several of the mornings, which is kind of annoying.  


Apparently when I was testing the water jug last weekend, I ended up tightening it so much to get it to not leak that I had to use a strap wrench to get it off.  This is definitely annoying.  I had let it sit for a few days because I had a little vinegar in there to get the plastic smell and taste out of it.


Other than that, just a little packing, though not too much.  The house preliminary packing is pretty much done at this point, I can only take maybe one more tote out without removing stuff I routinely use.  I finally got around to cleaning out the last of the totes.  


I made a mess when I dumped the pine-sol out


Yesterday was finally warm enough to paint again (most of the week it was too cold), so I got the first coat of paint on the rim.  I really need to get cracking on getting the new tires.

I also made a Autozone trip during the week, and picked up one of those three in one towing balls.  Class 4 towing stuff (10k lbs) is rather expensive.  I am not entirely sure what drop I will eventually need for the trailer, but this will do to at least get it off the slab and relocated.


Time is definitely running short.  The microwave and fridge should be coming in next week.  I got a call from the tree company that is doing the trimming for the power installation, they should be doing that soon since the power company was targeting early May for the new poles.

Before the site work:
  • Get a 2 5/16 ball for my truck
  • Get rid of unneeded appliances (propane, stove, fridge, water heater)
    • Propane - Scheduled for May 3rd
    • Stove
    • Fridge
    • Water Heater
  • Finish packing up house
  • Move house to parking spot.  Plug septic.
  • Fix generator again.
Winter projects:
  • Fix the generator.  Again.
  • Get the plan/schedule in place. 
  • Build prototype cap.
  • Shed windows.
  • Fix generator box.
  • Clear/mark walking trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment