Monday, April 3, 2023

Not terribly productive. I managed to cram a lot of stuff into the tiny home.

The weekend wasn't terribly friendly for working outside, so I stayed in for the most part.  I did get my first lightning show of the year Saturday night.  It came with either large sleet or hail too.  Nothing large enough to damage though, just make a lot of noise. 

Sunday was sunny, but the wind was howling.  I pulled out the piece of acrylic for the front of the cap, and by the time I walked over to the carport to grab my circular saw, it had blown out of the truck.  Fortunately it didn't shatter, but I decided not to take my chances and aborted working on the cap.  

All I ended up doing over the weekend was filling a bunch of totes.  It is kind of remarkable how much stuff I managed to fit into such a small area.  I filled four totes, as well as packing up my tennis bag with my tennis rackets and outdoor stuff.  I didn't think it through very well, since one of the ones I packed up was my indoor shed-like items (things like paint, urethane, etc).  Those can't freeze (which is why they were in the house in the first place), so I can't put them outside yet...  It was down in the teens last night.  For now, that tote is just sitting underneath the trash can.  It is blocking a shelf of my pantry, but oh well.


Still, for removing four totes and my tennis bag, It doesn't look like I have done much.  The shelves at least clearly look mostly empty. 


The rest of the house, not so much.  The massive piles in the other shelves (left side of the picture) are gone, but they aren't empty.  And I haven't even touched the other end of the house (not pictured).  I was going to start emptying the closet into the suitcase, but got lazy.  The bag on top of the suitcase is my tennis bag.


This puts the first item on the house prep list in progress.  I still have better than 50% snow coverage despite the rain and storms on Saturday, including complete coverage still going up to the shed, so I am still waiting to set up the portable garage.  

Before the site work:
  • Build prototype cap/camper
  • Preliminary packing.  Get the excess largely unused stuff out of the house.
  • Set up the portable garage.
  • Pack up carport.  Easily movable lawn equipment should be all that remains after this.
  • Empty slab.  Get the grill, storage bin, clothesline, bug zapper, and other junk off the slab.  
  • Remove skirting.
  • Replace tires on tiny home trailer
  • Cut down trees at bottom of hill
  • Flatten parking spot.  Spread the pile of rocks.  
  • Determine where to and move carport.
  • Acquire the missing truck camper pieces
  • Get a 2 5/16 ball for my truck
  • Get rid of unneeded appliances (propane, stove, fridge, water heater)
    • Propane - Scheduled for May 3rd
    • Stove
    • Fridge
    • Water Heater
  • Finish packing up house
  • Move house to parking spot.  Plug septic.
  • Fix generator again.
Winter projects:
  • Fix the generator.  Again.
  • Get the plan/schedule in place. 
  • Build prototype cap.
  • Shed windows.
  • Fix generator box.
  • Clear/mark walking trails.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like the fridge I wanted just simply has a newer model and the link I had was to the older one. The fridge I am looking at is:
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Magic-Chef-4-5-cu-ft-Mini-Fridge-with-True-Freezer-in-Stainless-Look-HMTR450SE/305026371

    ReplyDelete