Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Shoveling and Packing.

I widened the blog, so feel free to leave a comment if it is now too wide for your screen.  The hope was that it would make the pictures post larger, though it didn't appear to do that.  

When I got home yesterday, it was still really nice out, so I decided to spend the rest of my daylight "helping" the snow melt off.  My main concern was the snow going up to the shed.  I only got about 5 or 6 feet shoveled before I ran out of daylight, but it is a start.  I had to use my regular shovel instead of a snow shovel because the snow shovel couldn't get through the ice.  

I got to watch the sunset through the trees too, which was kind of nice.  


After dark, I convinced myself to pack another tote.  It had linens in it, so I put it in a bag to help mitigate moisture.  Turns out that I can't find the little packets of Damp Rid, and they aren't intended to be used that way (they are actually a refill for a bigger unit) so I am not sure they did what Mom thought they did.

As you can see in that prior picture, I also finally got around to packing the suitcase.  It held the entire left hanging thing in the closet.  That is my formalwear, most of which I haven't worn since the last wedding I went to.  

My snow is melting off pretty quick.   The banks and where the piles from the snowblower are the bulk of what is left in the sunny areas.  There is still coverage in the heavily shaded areas too, which is why I started shoveling the path up to the shed.  


It is slowly getting there.  I only have two totes left (the two biggest) that I brought back from KY.  I was intending to keep the biggest one and use that for my TV stuff, since that will have a lot of large things, like a receiver and a subwoofer and several speakers.  I might use the other rather large one for my various household appliances, like my humidifier, dehumidifier, air filter, and so on.  Bulky, but not overly heavy.  I still have all the totes I used to move from the apartment to the tiny home, but they have likely been heavily infiltrated by mice.  The kitchen ones might still be ok, since they were closed (I didn't unpack all my kitchen stuff into the tiny home, there just wasn't enough room nor a need for service for 12).  I will pull them down hopefully this week and decide whether to try to clean them or just say the mice won and pitch them.  I know there weren't many, I did a lot of the last move by filling baskets and bringing them up and dumping them and then reusing them.

Before the site work:
  • Get a 2 5/16 ball for my truck
  • Get rid of unneeded appliances (propane, stove, fridge, water heater)
    • Propane - Scheduled for May 3rd
    • Stove
    • Fridge
    • Water Heater
  • Finish packing up house
  • Move house to parking spot.  Plug septic.
  • Fix generator again.
Winter projects:
  • Fix the generator.  Again.
  • Get the plan/schedule in place. 
  • Build prototype cap.
  • Shed windows.
  • Fix generator box.
  • Clear/mark walking trails.

1 comment: