Friday, April 21, 2023

Some minor, but important stuff.

Today was indeed a busy day, but the loan is now official.  I am now officially in debt again for a few years.  At least they gave me a gift basket.  


The power company came up on Friday as well.  This is where the second pole will end up.  I wanted it on the other side of the driveway so that the lines weren't crossing my yard, but they said no blasting was included.  Oh well, at least it is along the tree line and not in the middle of the yard like I had feared.


They are also going to clear out a bunch of my crappy pines too.


I will have to put more gravel down over here; the arms on the truck only extend out 15', so I will have to make this look like driveway.  The turn around is going in here and I was intending to turn it into driveway anyways, it just accelerates the time table.


In preparation for the power company, I finally got around to moving the brush out of the yard.  I am still debating whether to chip it.  Chippers are disappointingly expensive.  Even renting one is 100 bucks a day, which is an awful lot for just making the lot look nicer and maybe getting a little fill out of it, not to mention the time needed to feed the chipper.  I might still buy a chipper at some point (they are great for making your own fill) but for now at least I just moved it off to the side.

The water container has come in.  It is a 2.5gallon can, so a bit smaller than the one I bought for Dad's camper (which was either 5 or 6).  The plan is to put it in a cabinet with something that attaches to the smaller spout and a valve on it to give me running water.  


The microwave is still on its way.  Still no word on the fridge; I might go visit Home Depot and Lowes this weekend and see what they have.  It is supposed to be rainy Sunday, maybe then.  My requirements are pretty strict;  I need one with a true freezer in it (not just the slightly colder area above the fridge), >4 cubic foot, and I don't want one with those stupid can holders.  I don't buy cans and they take up all the space you would use for condiments and the like.  Other than that, it is just the new item for the power company.

Before the site work:
  • Get a 2 5/16 ball for my truck
  • Get rid of unneeded appliances (propane, stove, fridge, water heater)
    • Propane - Scheduled for May 3rd
    • Stove
    • Fridge
    • Water Heater
  • Finish packing up house
  • Move house to parking spot.  Plug septic.
  • Fix generator again.
Winter projects:
  • Fix the generator.  Again.
  • Get the plan/schedule in place. 
  • Build prototype cap.
  • Shed windows.
  • Fix generator box.
  • Clear/mark walking trails.

1 comment:

  1. Doing some browsing online (I am working on slow stuff today), I think this might be an amenable replacement: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Frigidaire-4-5-cu-ft-Mini-Fridge-Freezer-Compartment-Silver-Mist-ENERGY-STAR/5013990615

    ReplyDelete