Thursday, April 20, 2023

Power center arrived.

It has been pretty quiet this week, there has been a dearth of motivation.  I did finally get the shelves moved up.  Turns out the hand truck I borrowed from Aunt and Uncle doesn't do well in soft dirt, but it is still better than carrying everything all the way up the hill.  



I am guessing you are tired of tote pictures by now so I didn't take one but I also packed up another tote.  I also sold my snowblower.  I wasn't intending to spend the time to fix it.  I didn't recoup much of the money I had in it, but it is better than nothing.  I did take a look, and the engines were completely different designs; I am all but certain that my idea to use the electric start for the generator would not have worked.

The battery backup finally came in.  So much for signature required, it was sitting on the slab when I got home.  


I was a little nervous when I first plugged it in.  It says it charges in two hours, but it started off charging rather slowly,


As it got some charge in it though, it eventually sped up.  I didn't unfortunately time the whole charging process, but it was less than 3 hours I am pretty sure.  I do think it took longer than the promised time though.


The water container should be there today as well.  I have ordered the microwave since it finally came back in stock.  I am starting to get nervous about the mini-fridge.  I am still not quite done with the packing, but am getting quite close now.  Tomorrow is shaping up to be quite busy; I have the closing for the mortgage in the morning, and I also found out that Eversource and the electrician will be there early afternoon, likely deciding where to put the poles and stuff.  I also heard from the home people, my home is scheduled to be delivered the second half of June.  I might be able to push back the site work a tiny bit, since it won't take him a month (he originally said about 4-7 days), which would give me a little more time since I am a bit behind where I wanted to be.  He is working directly with FineLine homes on the timeline.  Hopefully I can finish painting the rimin then ext day or two, early this week it was too cold to paint.

Before the site work:
  • Get a 2 5/16 ball for my truck
  • Get rid of unneeded appliances (propane, stove, fridge, water heater)
    • Propane - Scheduled for May 3rd
    • Stove
    • Fridge
    • Water Heater
  • Finish packing up house
  • Move house to parking spot.  Plug septic.
  • Fix generator again.
Winter projects:
  • Fix the generator.  Again.
  • Get the plan/schedule in place. 
  • Build prototype cap.
  • Shed windows.
  • Fix generator box.
  • Clear/mark walking trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment