Friday, April 14, 2023

More moving. Minor update

UPDATE - The closing for the mortgage is set for the 21st at 10:30.

It has been really warm this week, making it easier to convince myself to work outside.  Tuesday I went and picked up an outdoor bench.  It looked pretty nice, and has some storage in it, kind of like a plastic deacon's bench.  I will see if Dad wants it; if not I will put it on my deck, which I will probably build next year.



After I unloaded it, I decided to pack the next tote.  I decided that I could pack up my bathroom, everything I don't regularly use.  And things I have a lot of extras of, like toilet paper, since you can only find it in 16 roll packs.  Even if I eat Taco Bell and McDonalds for every meal this is still enough for the rest of the year.  And this is just the extra rolls.


Last night was more emptying the carport and house.  I got another couple of totes out of the carport and the rest of the shelving unit in the house emptied.  That box is up there too, I just took the picture before I realized what was in it.


The big thing though is I got the big outdoor storage thingy moved up to the shed.  This has the portable garage and the extra set of wire shelves for the shed in it.  Thankfully the plastic container held up 


I also brought the bench up.  It is perfect size to fit in the bucket of the tractor.


The ground was still soft, but I didn't leave massive ruts this time.  It is starting to dry out.


We were in the 70s on Wednesday, and in the 80s yesterday.  And still my snow has held out.  It won't survive the weekend though.  This is about 80% of the remaining snow on my lot.  


Even in Sullivan now the trees are starting to bud out.  


I had hoped to have the packing finished by now, but there is still a slim chance I might have it done tonight (pretty unlikely though).  On the mortgage front, I am just waiting on the lawyers to formally close on the mortgage.  UPDATE - The closing for the mortgage is set for the 21st at 10:30.  Clearing the slab is now in progress.

Before the site work:
  • Get a 2 5/16 ball for my truck
  • Get rid of unneeded appliances (propane, stove, fridge, water heater)
    • Propane - Scheduled for May 3rd
    • Stove
    • Fridge
    • Water Heater
  • Finish packing up house
  • Move house to parking spot.  Plug septic.
  • Fix generator again.
Winter projects:
  • Fix the generator.  Again.
  • Get the plan/schedule in place. 
  • Build prototype cap.
  • Shed windows.
  • Fix generator box.
  • Clear/mark walking trails.

1 comment: