Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Skirting down.

I have been busy after work the last couple of days.  Monday I went to Home Depot and bought some stuff to clean totes and some more mothballs and stuff/  Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous outside, in the 60s, so I decided to work outside after work.  I got all the skirting down.  For the track, I was actually pretty surprised with how well it was still glued down, even after all these years.  I just put a big bead of silicone on the bottom to glue it to the concrete, and didn't even clean the concrete first, but most of it was still glued down quite well.  


I don't really have a good place to store it, but for now it is behind the shed with stuff on it so it stays there (I hope).  My dad wants it to replace some broken pieces on his house, and this stuff is only 5 years old and in pretty good shape.


I didn't take the backing down, but I don't need to to move the house.  It was starting to get dark at this point, so I just cleaned another couple of totes.  


The house looks odd without skirting (the only picture I took was all blurry and crappy), but that is another domino down.  I will be running around a lot today for the insurance and stuff, so I will be working late and probably won't do anything tonight.  Barry is coming up this weekend to take down the rest of the trees I wanted down; I only did the bare minimum to get the house up there.  He will be taking down the rest of the ones that can actually hit stuff.  I still plan on finishing the preliminary packing (for both the house and carport) this week, and if the ground firms up enough, get the portable garage set up.  I noticed when I took the skirting down that I had forgotten that I have a spare rim for the house frame, but it needs to be cleaned and painted.  I might try to do that too if I have time.  

Before the site work:
  • Get a 2 5/16 ball for my truck
  • Get rid of unneeded appliances (propane, stove, fridge, water heater)
    • Propane - Scheduled for May 3rd
    • Stove
    • Fridge
    • Water Heater
  • Finish packing up house
  • Move house to parking spot.  Plug septic.
  • Fix generator again.
Winter projects:
  • Fix the generator.  Again.
  • Get the plan/schedule in place. 
  • Build prototype cap.
  • Shed windows.
  • Fix generator box.
  • Clear/mark walking trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment