Thursday, March 30, 2023

Short update. Mortgage appeasement complete I hope.

I finally got the last of the paperwork for the mortgage submitted yesterday.  Hopefully there is nothing more.  I got the propane quote, which was a lot more than I expected, but that was the last piece, and was required.  I think I might set up the tanks for removal on May 1st or something.  I can go a few weeks without hot water; I lived in the place for almost a year without it.  I have the camping stove and whatnot as well.  I will need to get the battery pack pretty soon though.  I am still thinking of going with the Jackery, despite the concerns about their inverters having high idle draw.  I haven't found anything conclusive that others are better.  I will probably use a combination of the Jackery and a UPS to keep the fridge running while the Jackery is charging in the morning at work.

As is the way, we are supposed to get another system moving through this weekend.  Ugh.  It is supposed to be mostly rain (mixed on Friday night, but otherwise starting and ending as rain).  Hopefully that will finish eating up my snow, though I think there is still too much left for that.  So I expect to start packing this weekend.  The totes I brought back are on the slab to dry out; it rained on the drive home so they had water in them.


Other than that, I am starting to enumerate everything that I need to do before May 15th, when the site work starts.  It is actually a somewhat scary list, considering a lot of it is still blocked by snow.  I put it roughly in order that it will be done, but a lot of this stuff can be done in parallel.  I put some explanations in as well.

Winter projects:
  • Fix the generator.  Again.
  • Get the plan/schedule in place. 
  • Build prototype cap.
  • Shed windows.
  • Fix generator box.
  • Clear/mark walking trails.
Before the site work:
  • Build prototype cap/camper
    • This is the backup living situation in case things go poorly moving the house
  • Preliminary packing
    • Get the excess stuff out of the house.  This is just filling totes with stuff I don't normally use; getting down to a minimal set of stuff in the house.
  • Set up the portable garage
    • I need a place to put stuff.  For the preliminary, I will put it in the shed or carport.  This is dependent on snow being gone.
  • Pack up carport
    • Empty out all the stuff in the carport so it can be moved.  Easily movable lawn equipment should be all that remains after this.
  • Empty slab
    • Get the grill, storage bin, clothesline, bug zapper, and other junk off the slab.  
  • Remove skirting
    • Store for Dad
  • Replace tires on tiny home trailer
    • The tires on it look bad.  Really really bad.  I am surprised they still hold air.
  • Cut down trees at bottom of hill
    • They will need these removed to get the house up there.
  • Flatten parking spot.
    • The house will be going here.  There is still a small pile of rocksthere.
  • Move carport
    • I guess I will put it in the front yard somewhere...  Not sure where yet
  • Acquire the missing truck camper pieces
    • Battery Backup
    • Fridge
    • Kitchenette
  • Get a 2 5/16 ball for my truck
    • To tow the house.  
  • Get rid of unneeded appliances
    • The new house comes with a stove and fridge, which are likely better than what I have currently.
    • If I have a buyer for the tankless water heater, this is where I would sell it.  The new house comes with a water heater.
  • Finish packing up house
    • This is the more detailed packing
  • Move house to parking spot.  Plug septic.
  • Fix generator again.
    • This is the backup plan for electric in case the Jackery is insufficient

No comments:

Post a Comment