Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Back from Kentucky

Nothing too much has been happening.  I went down to KY for the March birthdays and my Dad's retirement.  I got to try some new snacks and stuff.  The Stewarts shamrock shake is actually pretty good.  Some of the other stuff I tried wasn't as good (like the blueberry oat milk from Dollar Tree).  


The picture is crap, but we weren't the only ones with wind and storm damage.  Most of the trip down was littered with stuff, like this sign that broke in half in PA.  


While there, I cleaned out my sisters computer, but otherwise didn't have too much going on.  She blew up another video card.  I helped them clean out some totes so that I could take them back and use them to pack up the tiny home.  We saw an interesting looking lizard on the shed when I went to clean them.


I got to watch the sunset on the way home.  


In a bit of relief, I was not buried in snow when I got home.  It was in the 60s and sunny while I was down there, I even broke out my shorts.  I am just happy I didn't come home to another foot of snow.  


In total, the trip was just under 2000 miles.  I averaged just under 22mpg on the way down, and almost 23 on the way back according to the computer.  The average for the whole trip was 22.3mpg.  It is a little optimistic, but is within a mpg.  Not bad considering I was driving faster than normal.  On the way down I also ran the truck a lot when I was working on Friday to keep my laptop charged and the plug in cooler frozen.


I met the assessor today and showed her the place.  Another check box from the bank.  I also had one of the two quotes I was missing waiting for me when I got back.  I am just waiting on the one from the propane company.

No comments:

Post a Comment