Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Short update, another piece out

I couldn't stay awake at work yesterday, so I left a bit early and took a nap.  I did some errands at lunch though, made a run to the dump, dropped off the last wheel for the house.  I unfortunately noobed up when I was loading my truck for the dump though and forgot to grab the box for the microwave.  D'oh!


Other than that, I didn't do too much.  I did get the pantry out.  All that is left is a decision on the entertainment center, and maybe the deacon's chair.  There really isn't anything else until I actually move the place (whereupon the futon, dishwasher, and washing machine will come out).  


I also went and picked up some super glue and fixed my glasses.  I have a new pair on the way, they have gone up though and are 20 dollars now.  


The weather has been weird last night and this morning.  Kind of a haze, but it isn't humid.  I tried to get a picture of the sun this morning on my way in.  It was the same way last night.  


I am not ready to mark the final packing as complete, even though there really isn't much left in the place.  I really need to finish up the cap and decide how I am going to handle all that.  I let the electrician know that the poles are there so he can install the meter board and socket and all that.  Not sure if he is going to wait for the guide wire and all that to be done first.  I haven't seen the tree company there in several days now, so I assume they are done with all that they are going to do. 

Before the site work:
  • Build prototype cap/camper
  • Empty slab.  Get the grill, storage binclotheslinebug zapper, and other junk off the slab.  
  • Replace tires on tiny home trailer
  • Determine where to and move carport
  • Build kitchenette for the truck camper
  • Get rid of unneeded appliances (propane, stove, fridge, water heater)
    • Stove
    • Fridge
    • Dishwasher
    • Water Heater
  • Finish packing up house
  • Move house to parking spot.  Plug septic.
  • Fix generator again.

2 comments:

  1. It looks like a smoke haze. Any wildfires in the area?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not that I am aware of, I haven't heard anything on the radio

      Delete