Thursday, May 25, 2023

Reinforcements have arrived.

Yesterday was all about reinforcements.  I went home at lunch and grabbed my new glasses.  


After work, I made a trip to Harbor Freight.  This is the cheaper version of the one I had.  The main difference being that this one only supports 21° nails, whereas my old one could be converted to a few different types.  I never once used anything but 21° in it though; they are the most common.  


I think I might have finally gotten through to the pinhead bird that was constantly building a nest in the carport.  Every morning and night I would chase him out and knock down his nest.  The last two days he hasn't tried to rebuild it.  Interestingly though, I have seen bees building nests in the carport this year, which they haven't since it was built.  


The other thing I finished up last night was the data transfer from the old NAS to the new one.  The new one is a bit smaller, which was expected since it only holds half the drives.


Once that was finished, I also got the entertainment center pulled out so I can finish cleaning it off and cleaning it.  


I am not quite ready to pack away the TV just yet, but it will be soon.  So for now I just put it on my folding table.  


No major updates on the checklist.  Now that I have the nailer I will be working on the carport again.  I am very much looking forward to the long weekend though.  

Before the site work:
  • Build prototype cap/camper
  • Empty slab.  Get the grill, storage binclotheslinebug zapper, and other junk off the slab.  
  • Replace tires on tiny home trailer
  • Determine where to and move carport
    • Double up the studs
    • Wall Bracing
    • Install skids
    • Install cross members
    • Drag to new location
  • Build kitchenette for the truck camper
  • Get rid of unneeded appliances (propane, stove, fridge, water heater)
    • Stove
    • Fridge
    • Dishwasher
    • Water Heater
  • Finish packing up house
  • Move house to parking spot.  Plug septic.
  • Fix generator again.

No comments:

Post a Comment