Friday, May 26, 2023

More carport stuff

The big task yesterday was trying to get the carport ready to move.  I got the nailer out and loaded.  It seems to work just fine.  They did make a couple of changes; this one is a lot easier to load.  It is a little smaller too, though it is still about an half inch too long to fit in a stud bay.  It sinks them a bit better than the old one, which isn't too surprising.  


Not sure how I feel about the claws on the tip instead of the rubber.  For a framing nailer though, it isn't a big deal.


All the studs are nailed in.  


Most of them have brackets installed as well to anchor them into the top and bottom plates.


The only ones that don't have brackets yet are the ones behind the tractor.  It was late at this point, so I figured I would punt it.


I did a little bit more packing and cleaning before going to bed.  The TV stand is now ready to go up.


I will finish up the studs tonight hopefully, though I typically do my shopping on Friday night.  I have a three day weekend that looks dry though (albeit hot) so if I don't do it tonight it isn't a big deal.  I did hear back from FineLine homes (I actually did yesterday, but didn't read the email before I posted).  The house is scheduled to complete the second week of June, then it is just delivery.  They are manufactured in PA I am pretty sure, so I am guessing it will take about a week for delivery.  Dad can correct me if I am wrong, but I think one day to plan and get the permits and stuff since it is a wide load, maybe a day or two to find an available crew, and then two days of driving from PA to Sullivan.  So third to fourth week of June.

Before the site work:
  • Build prototype cap/camper
  • Empty slab.  Get the grill, storage binclotheslinebug zapper, and other junk off the slab.  
  • Replace tires on tiny home trailer
  • Determine where to and move carport
    • Double up the studs
    • Wall Bracing
    • Install skids
    • Install cross members
    • Drag to new location
  • Build kitchenette for the truck camper
  • Get rid of unneeded appliances (propane, stove, fridge, water heater)
    • Stove
    • Fridge
    • Dishwasher
    • Water Heater
  • Finish packing up house
  • Move house to parking spot.  Plug septic.
  • Fix generator again.

No comments:

Post a Comment