Tuesday, May 9, 2023

The first pole is in.

The tree company has definitely been hard at work.  They installed the pole up by the house yesterday.  I had hoped it would be a foot or two further back, but oh well. 


They have continued to clear out more down here too.  



I took a look at the fridge temperature when I got home, since I turned off the power before I went to work.  I was disappointed.  The fridge was up around 50, and the stuff in the freezer had started to thaw.


Since my water filter wasn't able to backflush normally yesterday, I manually kicked one when I got home.  It completed successfully and everything got reset as it is supposed to.  Not sure what the issue was Sunday.


The big project for last night was getting my laundry situation sorted out.  I now have everything I need in the suitcase, and everything else is packed away in the dresser.  The dresser can now be moved, once I figure out how to get it out.  It will likely require a bit of tetris to get it out.  Maybe tonight I will get it out.  I have a month's worth of clothes in here, which is hopefully enough to bridge the gap between disconnecting the house and being able to do laundry in the new one.  


Since I turned off the power this morning too, I plugged the fridge into the battery bank this morning before I left.  I know most of these power centers turn off the inverter if there isn't any draw for a while to save energy; hopefully the fridge runs often enough to prevent that from happening.  In the final camper, there will be enough other stuff running that I am not too concerned about it.  I intend to have that set up in the kitchen soon.  


I guess the final packing has been started now, since the dresser is ready to go.  I brought up the next rim to Bob's yesterday for a new tire, so I should have another tire ready this evening.

Before the site work:
  • Build prototype cap/camper
  • Empty slab.  Get the grill, storage binclotheslinebug zapper, and other junk off the slab.  
  • Replace tires on tiny home trailer
  • Determine where to and move carport
  • Build kitchenette for the truck camper
  • Get rid of unneeded appliances (propane, stove, fridge, water heater)
    • Stove
    • Fridge
    • Dishwasher
    • Water Heater
  • Finish packing up house
  • Move house to parking spot.  Plug septic.
  • Fix generator again.

No comments:

Post a Comment