Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Out of propane, short update.

I had a change of plans when I got home yesterday.  I ran out of propane cooking dinner, so my pasta side was a bit runny and the noodles were "extra al dente".  I thought I had extras in the shed alongside the propane heater, but I was wrong.  Turns out the heater leaks a little bit as well, since that was empty too.  So my planned Wednesday shopping trip to get more totes and stuff got moved to last night.  I was quite surprised that Home Depot doesn't carry the 1 lb cylinders anymore, but Target had some (I had to go to Target for the totes anyways). 


I didn't do much after I got home, but I did get the deacon's chair cleaned off and ready to move.  The stuff underneath is going up with it.


For those curious, I happened to see this on my way to the gym today.  This is the kind of thing I was planning to build for the kitchenette (without the hutch and wheels).  They are aluminum, lightweight, and strong.  I had debated using this kind of material for the structure on the cap as well.  


I didn't make any progress on the carport, but I did pick up some grade 8 bolts while I was at Home Depot.  I hope to do some more work on it tonight, even if I have to nail them in manually.

Before the site work:
  • Build prototype cap/camper
  • Empty slab.  Get the grill, storage binclotheslinebug zapper, and other junk off the slab.  
  • Replace tires on tiny home trailer
  • Determine where to and move carport
    • Double up the studs
    • Wall Bracing
    • Install skids
    • Install cross members
    • Drag to new location
  • Build kitchenette for the truck camper
  • Get rid of unneeded appliances (propane, stove, fridge, water heater)
    • Stove
    • Fridge
    • Dishwasher
    • Water Heater
  • Finish packing up house
  • Move house to parking spot.  Plug septic.
  • Fix generator again.

No comments:

Post a Comment