Friday, May 5, 2023

Busy day yesterday.

I have been a bit busy running around the last couple of days.  I did try the dishwasher on Wednesday when I got home.  I opened it during the cycle, and was met with a blast of steam, so at least I know the heating element in it still works.  It took a loooot longer than normal though.  I am guessing it doesn't start the time for each cycle until the water is at temperature.  Everything came out clean though, which is a plus.  I was debating switching everything over to disposable stuff (like I was doing when I first moved in and didn't have the dishwasher hooked up) but everything came out clean, so that won't be necessary until I lose the plumbing or electric.


I came home yesterday to a slight surprise.  Even though they said they would call before they came up, they didn't.  I wanted them to call so that I could turn off the power so that they didn't put a saw through live service wires that weren't properly buried, but it seems that they were careful enough.  They aren't done with the tree work, there are still some tagged ones left, but they got a lot of stuff taken out yesterday.  I am hoping they will finish it up today.  I was told they would chip the brush, but so far it looks like they are avoiding it as much as possible.




Last night I was running around picking things up.  I picked up a free suitcase.  I was originally planning on just getting a cheapo laundry basket to basically live out of.  This will work better though.  It is actually in pretty nice shape.  A few scuffs, it has obviously been used for air travel, but no tears.  It looks like a smaller version of Aunt Sheri's 



Lowe's finally came through on the third try.  I have the fridge.  


I cleaned and listed the stove for sale early yesterday, but thus far haven't even gotten a nibble.  It would be a shame to scrap it, it is in really nice shape, but given that I see free stoves on Craigslist from time to time, not too surprising.


Something I noticed last night as I went to bed, the Jackery has now lost 2% of its capacity just sitting.  It finished the last test at 81%.  That was on April 24th, so 2% loss over 11 days.  That isn't great, but isn't bad.


I paid the deposit yesterday, the first payment out of the mortgage, so the pressure tank and meter board and all that is now ordered.  We still have a nice stretch of weather coming up for a change, so I can hopefully make some good progress this weekend.  

Before the site work:
  • Get a 2 5/16 ball for my truck
  • Get rid of unneeded appliances (propane, stove, fridge, water heater)
    • Propane - Scheduled for May 3rd
    • Stove
    • Fridge
    • Dishwasher
    • Water Heater
  • Finish packing up house
  • Move house to parking spot.  Plug septic.
  • Fix generator again.

No comments:

Post a Comment