Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Looks like it is time for a new nailer.

Mostly because I have forgotten to post this the last couple of days, the speeds on the new NAS seem to be fine, it can fully saturate the gigabit wired link.  The transfers should be done in the next day or two.



That said, spinning drives still stink at small files.  No real news here though.  It won't actually take three years.


I ran into another minor small fridge issue last night.  I was using ranch as a dip for some jalapeno poppers, and pulled out my new bottle.  Turns out the new bottle doesn't fit in the fridge except in the big shelf (where the milk is in the door), so instead I refilled the old bottle which fits in the door shelves.


After dinner I sheared off the bolts trying to disassemble the nail gun (they had rusted up pretty bad), so it looks like I will be making a shopping trip today anyways.  

Instead I pulled some stuff out of the house.  The deacon's chair is now out and another tote.  I still have enough space for the remaining totes on top of the deacons' chair and miter saw stand at the ends of my fingers.


I have been going out for long walks at lunch lately.  Apparently my new insoles don't work terribly well.  Both socks yesterday got torn up.  


I don't know what kind of spider this is, but he needs to step up his bug reduction efforts.


No major updates on the checklist.  It will be nice to have a long weekend though.  

Before the site work:
  • Build prototype cap/camper
  • Empty slab.  Get the grill, storage binclotheslinebug zapper, and other junk off the slab.  
  • Replace tires on tiny home trailer
  • Determine where to and move carport
    • Double up the studs
    • Wall Bracing
    • Install skids
    • Install cross members
    • Drag to new location
  • Build kitchenette for the truck camper
  • Get rid of unneeded appliances (propane, stove, fridge, water heater)
    • Stove
    • Fridge
    • Dishwasher
    • Water Heater
  • Finish packing up house
  • Move house to parking spot.  Plug septic.
  • Fix generator again.

No comments:

Post a Comment