Thursday, May 11, 2023

Poles installed, camper kitchen set up.

Yesterday's power update: all the poles are now installed.  


They even installed a new one at the road which I wasn't expecting.  The only thing not done at this point is the guide wire for the one up by the house.  


I got home late last night; I went out for Anx's birthday.  I did a little bit of work inside when I got home though.  I got the new fridge moved and the new microwave set up.  


This allowed me to move my pantry down a bit.  I can now set up my table and still get in and out.  


It also allowed me to "hide" my current deacon's chair under the stove.  This is what will enable me to move the futon so I can get the dresser out.  


Now that the microwave and all that is set up, I ran some tests.  I intentionally went small and lower power, and that is what I got.  It barely fits a large plate.


Even a 2-cup measure looks big in it.  


I also went and compared the output.  After 4 minutes, the temperature of the water came out to less than after 3 minutes in my other microwave.  The big microwave at 3 minutes came out at 155°, whereas 4 minutes in the little microwave came out at 140°.  This isn't a surprise, the little microwave is 700W output, whereas my over-stove one is 1100W, more than 50% higher.  I went lower power because of the lower draw (for reference, most campers use a 700W-800W microwave); the Jackery only puts out 2kW and I can't use all of that for the microwave.  I am trying to avoid things like the fridge turning on (high inrush current) while the microwave was running causing an overdraw on the Jackery.


I can now do some more power center testing.  I was pleasantly surprised at how little power the microwave uses when it isn't running.  Its standby power is about a watt.  I will probably run a full usage test tonight on it, actually cook in the microwave while it is plugged into the Jackery.  I went and picked up the second new tire yesterday, but haven't done anything with it yet.  Maybe tonight if I get out early enough, or this weekend. 

Before the site work:
  • Build prototype cap/camper
  • Empty slab.  Get the grill, storage binclotheslinebug zapper, and other junk off the slab.  
  • Replace tires on tiny home trailer
  • Determine where to and move carport
  • Build kitchenette for the truck camper
  • Get rid of unneeded appliances (propane, stove, fridge, water heater)
    • Stove
    • Fridge
    • Dishwasher
    • Water Heater
  • Finish packing up house
  • Move house to parking spot.  Plug septic.
  • Fix generator again.

No comments:

Post a Comment