Sunday, September 30, 2018

Flooring complete.

I helped Anx move this morning, and went up to the property after lunch.  It is sadly only a little later than normal.

I should have pulled it down sooner.  The table saw works so much better than any of my other saws.

It was bound to happen eventually.  I dropped one of the pieces on the ground when I was brushing it off.  Fortunately I had spares and didn't have to use it, there are a bunch of scratches and chips in it.

The little strip is done.


After the little strip, I started on the utility room.

As expected, the first board was a real pain.

I am not sure what happened here.  All the rest of the cuts were perfect.  This one I simply missed.

The floor in the utility room is complete.  This presented an interesting dilemma.  I can move this floor around with my foot.  I might need to tack it down.

If anyone needs to install flooring, I have the install kit you need.

I wore my shoes inside now so it is dirty.  It looks like I tracked in some sawdust.

All my tools are back inside.  The rain is supposed to come back again tomorrow, surprise surprise.


Current checklist.  The floor is done.  I can actually start moving on at this point.  

Before Occupancy:
  1. Install paneling on interior walls.
  2. Build floor pan for the bathroom
  3. Install bathroom fixtures.
  4. Install exterior electric boxes.
  5. Complete interior plumbing and test it.
  6. Finish running the waste PVC line.
  7. Run water lines for well.  
  8. Get well installed.
  9. Get hot water heater installed.
  10. Install flooring.
  11. Install some form of cabinets in the kitchen.  
  12. Install kitchen sink.
  13. Install kitchen appliances.
  14. Install enough driveway to satisfy the apron requirements.
Before Winter:
  1. Build bed frame.
  2. Build closets.
  3. Install table.
  4. Install skirting.
  5. Install heat tapes.
  6. Build some sort of porch.
  7. Smooth driveway enough to plow/clear
  8. Fix snowblower.  
  9. Winterize equipment (mower, undercoat the truck, etc).
  10. Clear slab
  11. Shed work
    1. Extend roof to prevent snow pushing on the side.
    2. Fix pilings.

No comments:

Post a Comment