Sunday, September 9, 2018

Not as much done as hoped, but still a decent day.

Today was a crisp brisk fall day.  I actually grabbed a flannel as I went out the door, and I actually wore it.  I started with getting the last pieces of ceiling in.


I made a small oops.  The wires need to go through the top plate.  The board next to the pipe is where the top plate will be.  Oops.


It isn't pretty but it works.


After that was installed, I installed the base plate for the other interior wall.  This was a real pain.


I seem to be a stud short, but everything is in place.  I can toenail it in later.



Interior wall in place.


I ran out of time, and didn't finish the electric.  Turns out I am an outlet short, though I would swear I had another two or three GFCI outlets (the box on the left is the kitchen outlet).


When working on the other wall, my chop saw had a minor failure.  It is just the laser line, which I rarely used anyways, but still annoying.


Tomorrow is supposed to be awful weather, and based on what I just saw about it hitting KY, I might not go up tomorrow.  That said, I am still making good progress. 

It has been a while since I updated my checklist, but a couple more items are checked off.  Pretty soon I might revamp the list, and make one for before occupancy, and one for before winter. 
  1. Fix ruts in driveway.
  2. Put lights on the plow.
  3. Get the oil changed in the tractor.
  4. Get the tire chains installed and a weight installed on the back.
  5. Get the plastic installed
  6. Get the truck oil undercoated.
  7. Fix leaky underbelly.
  8. Get skirting installed.
  9. Find a way to run power that won't be damaged by snow/plow/snowblower.
  10. Find a way to prevent the snow pushing on the shed.
  11. Finish clearing off the slab.
  12. Run the rough plumbing. (includes gas line for stove)
  13. Install wall insulation.
  14. *Install flooring.  *12
  15. Install light fixtures.
  16. Install ceiling and attic insulation. *19
  17. *Install paneling  *13, 14
  18. *Install interior wall *14
  19. *Complete electrical and plumbing.  *17, 18
  20. Install ceiling *19
  21. *Install final flooring (carpet/whatever).  *18, 19
  22. Install interior fixtures.  When I get here, I will likely create a new list for the interior work.

1 comment:

  1. just a LOT of rain here! might float away but you should be high enough elevation you should be okay!

    ReplyDelete