Sunday, September 16, 2018

Two lazy days of updates.

I actually had yesterday off, another comp day, since I had 39 hours in by the end of Thursday. 

I was lazy about working though.  I did a little bit more on the electrical.  The laundry/utility room switch is in.


I even installed the clamp like you are supposed to.  Too bad the box doesn't fit with the clip in it.


I got the other switches in too.


Unfortunately since I "trimmed" the box to make it fit in a 2x3, one of the screws isn't holding.  This is unfortunate and I will have to come up with a way to fix it.


At that point I was feeling a little bit out of it, and went for a drive.  I scouted out another route in to work.  It is a bit longer, but has no major hills and since 9 is destroyed at the moment it avoids that.  It was a good day for a drive.

Today I went and picked up a trailer.  It is a 5x10 trailer so it is long enough for the tractor and snowblower.  I got a really good deal on it, I only paid 200 for it, when most of the time you can't fine 4x8 trailers at that price.

I was actually surprised that I managed to get it most of the way backed in.  Yes, the jackknife is intentional.  Not bad considering I hadn't backed a trailer in years.


It has one of those wheels.  It doesn't fit the trailer real well, but works well enough.


The areas that are normally rusted on the trailers have all been painted and well cared for.  The trailer also had its bearings repacked last fall. 


The decking is a little soft, but I was able to walk on it.  It will need replacing, but should be good for the rest of the year.


They weren't kidding when they said the wiring was sketchy.  It didn't reach the plug on my truck for starters, and one of the wires was broken so they literally just wrapped the post with the wire and called it good enough.


The lights are broken too.


I need to clean out some of the crap so I have a better place to put it. 


I considered pulling up and backing it in, but it wouldn't have worked since I can't turn the truck on the path, it is too narrow.


In its temporary home.


I then took a trip home and grabbed some breakfast and the like.  There might have been a slightly unintentional nap in there as well (oops) and then headed back up.  I started with making the switch fit.


I installed the last GFCI outlet for the kitchen as well.


I put in a few corner braces as well.  They were all toe-nailed in, but 2x3 doesn't toenail well, it normally splits.


Got the last electric box installed.


And the missing stud as well.  I have a 2x3 for some cross beams between the two center studs that I intend to build into shelving in the wall. 


At that point the drill had died so I went home.  I stopped on the way and picked up a few boxes from work though.  I had intended to bring them home Thursday but forgot.  Hopefully this will cover most of the boxes I need to move.  They are all (except for the top one) double walled so they are thick and heavy duty. 


I am actually running low on things to do.  I have a few more touches on the electrical side to finish up, and I can finish installing the light fixtures, but pretty soon I will need to start working on the bathroom flooring  I need to come up with another set of checklists too, what I need to move in, what I need before winter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment