Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Odds and ends and prep work.

I took another half day at work today.  I didn't quite get up there as early as yesterday, and it was rainy and miserable.  I started by getting the light covers installed.  I cleaned them up last night.




I also did some prep work.  I couldn't get the rest of the paneling because of the rain, but I still got the next bout of plumbing work done.  This is the last piece before the sinks and whatnot are installed.  I didn't have the crimpers so they aren't installed yet, but everything is cut to fit.


I also did a lot of cleanup.  It took a lot longer than you might think.  I have pieces of wire everywhere that I had to pick up, and then went over the front half with the shop vac. 


A lot of the crap in the back has been moved out as well.  You can't sit more than one person in my car now...


The floor is getting close to being ready for flooring.  I will probably pick up a bunch of  flooring since it needs to acclimate before installation on Wednesday.  I am still on the fence as to whether or not I need an underlay.  It is very important when installing on concrete or old construction, but I am on new construction, and I used grade B plywood.  Right now I am leaning towards the darker flooring personally, so it doesn't blend into the paneling.


No real updates on the checklists.
Before Occupancy:

  1. Install paneling on interior walls.
  2. Build floor pan for the bathroom
  3. Install bathroom fixtures.
  4. Install exterior electric boxes.
  5. Complete interior plumbing and test it.
  6. Finish running the waste PVC line.
  7. Run water lines for well.  
  8. Get well installed.
  9. Get hot water heater installed.
  10. Install flooring.
  11. Install some form of cabinets in the kitchen.  
  12. Install kitchen sink.
  13. Install kitchen appliances.
  14. Install enough driveway to satisfy the apron requirements.


Before Winter:
  1. Build bed frame.
  2. Build closets.
  3. Install table.
  4. Install skirting.
  5. Install heat tapes.
  6. Build some sort of porch.
  7. Smooth driveway enough to plow/clear
  8. Fix snowblower.  
  9. Winterize equipment (mower, undercoat the truck, etc).
  10. Clear slab
  11. Shed work
    1. Extend roof to prevent snow pushing on the side.
    2. Fix pilings.

No comments:

Post a Comment