Saturday, September 1, 2018

My wallet is a lot lighter, and the fan is done.

I met with the septic guy this morning, and the contract is signed.  My wallet is now a lot lighter too, $12,200 lighter.  The last 4k is due when he is done. 

Since it was still early, I also went and installed the bathroom vent fan.  It was clearly not designed with a tiny home in mind.  Or any home for that matter.  Their piece of aluminum that you use to create a duct is a terrible cheap POS.  I had to use tape to keep it together.


Because this is all that holds it together.


It also was far too long.  Fortunately my tin snips made short work of that.


The vent is now completely installed.  Frankly, I don't like it being so close to the plumbing vent (located in the white grate next to it), but there are multiple draft stops that should prevent the sewer gas from leaking back inside.  If it becomes an issue, I can run the sewer pipe out the wall and up (like it is actually supposed to be).  Also of note, this unblocks me installing the rest of the insulation and ceiling.  I will have to be careful where the wires come down, but I think I can install the insulation around it.






At that point I headed back to the LAN.  It was almost noon, and I figured people would be waking up at that point.  We shall see if I wake up early enough tomorrow to do the same.  I am pretty beat though, so I would hold my breath for it.

They are also doing some interesting stuff to the road.  I see them doing this, and I am not sure what it is.  It almost looks like they are digging holes and making pilings or something.


There is also a giant pile of stuff at the end of the road.


We shall see what comes of that. 

1 comment:

  1. that pile of stuff on your road LOOKS like blasting mat. Do they need to move some boulders along the "new" road? The holes could be for the explosives

    ReplyDelete