Saturday, September 29, 2018

Flooring well underway.

Today was mostly dedicated to flooring.  I didn't get help, but I decided to do it anyways.

The first thing I had to do was get all the stuff out and re-vacuum.  My truck is now starting to look like my car...


I really wish they made good masking tape.  This is 3M stuff too, not Harbor Freight cheapo magnifico.


The underlay actually wasn't too bad.  I had it in before noon, even with all the cleaning.  The adhesive that they give you to stick the two pieces together is awful.


The first row was a real pain the neck.  The first row took over an hour.  The second row took 15 minutes...


After about 5 rows though, my knees and back were not happy, so they got progressively slower as the day went on.  I got it almost complete.  It actually looks really nice.


Still clean too, I haven't worn shoes inside yet.


I made the cuts for the pipes and whatnot a lot tighter than I did the subflooring.  They came out pretty nice.


So the main room was less than an inch off from being a nice multiple of 16, so in an attempt to make all the seams line up, I cut them on a 16" boundary instead of the perfect length.  This was the result.  It wasn't worth it, this will be fun to deal with when I install the door framing for the laundry room.


Over on the bathroom side I stopped caring.


I was afraid this would happen.  I have a ~3" gap.  That is too large to leave, so I will need to buy another box of the flooring and cut a bunch of 2.5" pieces.  Ugh.


I didn't get to the utility room.  I am intentionally doing them as two separate floors, since I don't know what I am going to do (if anything) about a door.  I also ran out of daylight.  At this point, there was condensate starting to form, which I don't want to subject the floor to until it is completed.



Today's septic update.  He is working on finding a shorter tank.  He dug up the driveway again today to take more precise measurements.  The "standard" tank would require a 2 foot tall mound at one end.  That is a lot to stomach...  I might have to hit this with my dozer blade, since even my truck would get lost if I hit that.


He also dug over by the yard to find the drain line from the slab.



Current checklist:

Before Occupancy:
  1. Install paneling on interior walls.
  2. Build floor pan for the bathroom
  3. Install bathroom fixtures.
  4. Install exterior electric boxes.
  5. Complete interior plumbing and test it.
  6. Finish running the waste PVC line.
  7. Run water lines for well.  
  8. Get well installed.
  9. Get hot water heater installed.
  10. Install flooring.
  11. Install some form of cabinets in the kitchen.  
  12. Install kitchen sink.
  13. Install kitchen appliances.
  14. Install enough driveway to satisfy the apron requirements.
Before Winter:
  1. Build bed frame.
  2. Build closets.
  3. Install table.
  4. Install skirting.
  5. Install heat tapes.
  6. Build some sort of porch.
  7. Smooth driveway enough to plow/clear
  8. Fix snowblower.  
  9. Winterize equipment (mower, undercoat the truck, etc).
  10. Clear slab
  11. Shed work
    1. Extend roof to prevent snow pushing on the side.
    2. Fix pilings.

No comments:

Post a Comment