Sunday, September 16, 2018

Hot miserable day.

Today was hot.  Very hot.It was only the 80s, but the dew point was in the 70s.  And no breeze to help.  I got a late start which didn't help either, missing all the cooler weather in the morning.

All the outlets are now installed.  It occurred to me after installing all the outlets that I might have installed the mud plate backwards.  Meaning the part I had to trim should be extruding out from the box.  Oops.  I will have to replace at least.


All the wires are tied in too now.

I also installed the cross bars.  These are the bounds for the shelves that I intend to build into the wall cavities.  I am not planning on any sound dampening, so I am intending to build shelves in the stud bays instead to make use of every square inch I can.

I was also informed that I put the wrong gender on the plug I installed for the generator.  I was just going to swap it out, but unfortunately the only male end they had would appear to be larger than the electric box...

I can take the lip off, but if I take the outer casing off, the terminals all fall right out.  I will make it work, but it is annoying, since this was the only male terminal that they had without buying a "generator box" which is just a terminal and an exterior box and costs nearly a hundred bucks.  

At that point, it was mid afternoon and I was pretty well cooked and had run out of liquid, so I mowed the yard before the remnants of Florence are supposed to come in tomorrow night.  I am hoping I will only have to mow once more for the season.  

I had hoped to have the generator wired up before tomorrow to make the testing of the electric easier, but I will either have to make a custom cord, or find a way to make it fit.  I think if I just cut off the outermost wall of the outer casing it will be fine, but then I have to find another way to secure it to the box.  I might just trim the sides to make it fit and then screw it into a backplate.  Not sure I like how secure that will be though, and there is a chance it might be too deep.  We shall see.  I am still planning on heading up with Barry tomorrow at lunch to start testing the electric, assuming it hasn't started raining yet.  I can just backfeed it with the exterior outlet and extension cord.

I also measured everything for the bathroom, I need 13/16" clearance above the floor for the drain, and one and a half inches clearance for the toilet flange.  I have started working on that design, and also on the new checklists.  

No comments:

Post a Comment