Tuesday, September 4, 2018

I should just burn all the press board.

Unfortunately, I got a sluggish start today.  I didn't get up there yesterday after coming home from the LAN, and was late today as well. 

The first thing I did was clean up.  Part of that cleanup was to get the front panel on the electric box.


It doesn't close very well, but it looks like it is because it is a modular door that doesn't fit very well with the case.  Oh well.


I then spent literally the rest of the day working on the ceiling.  I did manage to get some of it installed, but it was a major pain.  There is a lot of this.  A single staple wouldn't hold.


I managed to get the second one installed as well.  I held it up with various things


I also made use of the studs I had cut for the interior wall as well.


The first two pieces are installed.


Despite that, I am seriously considering just tossing the brown board aside and getting more underlay board.  Even with a staple every foot, the press board struggles to hold itself up.  It is painful to install, and isn't more rigid.  I think it might be worth it to cut my losses and just buy more board.  I will be out ~150 dollars between the boards and the couple of gallons of paint, but it might be worth it. 

1 comment:

  1. Burn it and take a video at how easy it is to light and burn- then send said video to dad!

    ReplyDelete