Thursday, September 27, 2018

Not much done, dodging storms.

I didn't get much done today.  I was dodging storms most of the day.  I went up to look at a plow truck in the morning.  The ad was a lie, he said it was a running truck and it just needed brakes.  It wouldn't start when I was there.  So that was a pass. 

Early afternoon I headed up and finished up the plumbing in the interior wall.  I went and got the crimpers from Jason the other night.  I might stop into work and grab a couple


After that, just some minor cleanup.  I got a break from the storms in the early afternoon and decided to pounce on the opportunity.  I went home, got the truck, went to Home Depot and picked up the next round of materials.  Unfortunately just heading home and swapping vehicles takes almost an hour.  Stopping at Home Depot during the day loses another hour, especially when I didn't know where what I was needed was.  But I managed to snag the last of the paneling, a few more boards for the bathroom pan, and some poly sheets for the bathroom walls.


I also got the testing connection installed for testing wiring.  Unfortunately my multimeter was in the car so I could finish the testing.  I should be able to just check for continuity on all the wires coming out and determine which ones are the other end. 


As I was finishing unloading the truck, I could see lightning and a few dribbles were starting, so I just packed up and headed home.  Hopefully tomorrow will be more productive.

Current checklist:

Before Occupancy:
  1. Install paneling on interior walls.
  2. Build floor pan for the bathroom
  3. Install bathroom fixtures.
  4. Install exterior electric boxes.
  5. Complete interior plumbing and test it.
  6. Finish running the waste PVC line.
  7. Run water lines for well.  
  8. Get well installed.
  9. Get hot water heater installed.
  10. Install flooring.
  11. Install some form of cabinets in the kitchen.  
  12. Install kitchen sink.
  13. Install kitchen appliances.
  14. Install enough driveway to satisfy the apron requirements.
Before Winter:
  1. Build bed frame.
  2. Build closets.
  3. Install table.
  4. Install skirting.
  5. Install heat tapes.
  6. Build some sort of porch.
  7. Smooth driveway enough to plow/clear
  8. Fix snowblower.  
  9. Winterize equipment (mower, undercoat the truck, etc).
  10. Clear slab
  11. Shed work
    1. Extend roof to prevent snow pushing on the side.
    2. Fix pilings.

No comments:

Post a Comment