Friday, September 28, 2018

Bathroom coming along.

It started off rainy and drizzly, but cleared out around noon.  It actually turned into a nice day.  I didn't get quite as much done as I wanted, but still quite productive.

I started putting up the waterproofing for the bathroom.

I ended up using staples on the first one.  It turns out that liquid nails doesn't work on plastic.

The shower is done.

I even put the letter right side up, which is disappointingly uncommon.

I got the front and laundry room wall done too.  I actually made a Home Depot run to get the proper glue for it.  The glue looks a lot nicer, and will probably work better too, the staples didn't grab real well.


I got the pieces cut for the shelving areas, but ran out of adhesive.


The vinyl work made a big mess.

I cleaned up a little bit.  I am hoping to start flooring tomorrow.

I put the rest of the bathroom stuff in the bathroom.  It won't be getting flooring.

I also left the space heater running so that the flooring is warm and to prevent condensation tonight.  Moisture is a laminate floors worst enemy.

Even though I was running out of light, I took a quick gander down to the well to check on the wiring.  Sure enough the wires from the meter come out down here.


The tall one flopped over is the water line.  The other conduit is likely the wires to the slab.  I am hoping I can still fish the wires out of there and that they connect to the ones sticking out of the ground up by the slab.  That is pretty much the last gasp of not having to run new wire.

I apparently didn't take any pictures, but today's septic update was just another load of sand.  I didn't see him up there at all today, so he likely delivered it before I got off my bum and got up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment