Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Rafters in, boards for next phase obtained.

I did take a half day off work today.  Turned out to be nice, but probably not necessary.  I had all the rafters in by 5, and that was in the broiling heat.  I also went and got the pictures of the driveway for the meeting with the planning board tomorrow.

The rafters are now all installed.




Even the ones on the end.


I went and picked up the plywood for sheathing the roof as well.  I decided to go with 11/32, the 1/4 felt too flimsy.


I also picked up the cross members for the ceiling, which also will help hold the walls together, keep them from sagging out.  The selection of lumber today was KY levels of bad.


I also picked up the ties for the frame.  I am not sure if these are strong enough, but I hope so.  I have 8 of them.


One thing that crossed my mind today is that the issue with the tires might be simple to resolve, just get smaller tires.  I am not sure how easy that will be in reality, but sounds simple.  I don't need the ground clearance, and it solves the problems with the tops possibly rubbing the corners of the lumber I have installed.

So in the next steps checklist, I mostly just need to finish the roof and square everything up.  I have the materials to do it, but I unfortunately ran out of time.  I will try to get everything tarped up tomorrow before the meeting with the town.
  1. Level trailer and get jackstands under it.  
  2. Square and center everything up.
    1. I haven't squared the walls, but the centering is done.  
  3. Install the door.  I am doing this before the roof since the roof will require the top plate, and the header nails into the board under the top plate.  
    1. The door isn't installed, but the essence of this task is complete.
  4. Install the top plates and rafters.  
  5. Sheathe the roof (I intend to fully sheathe it with 1/4" CDX instead of using furring strips).  Put the tarp on it.  I hope to get this far before it starts raining again.
  6. Install the windows
  7. Tyvek wrap the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment