Monday, August 14, 2017

Driveway inspected, prepped for the rest of the week.

I managed to get most of the lot mowed before the driveway committee showed up.  They like to talk a lot, but they pretty much signed the paperwork before they even walked the driveway.  I got the impression they thought it was ridiculous that they had to come out for an existing driveway that meets regulations with the exception of a paved apron.

Once they left, it was already closing in on 7, so I just finished mowing, since it really needed it.  It was almost knee deep in a few spots, and shin deep almost everywhere.

The picture I forgot yesterday of the hurricane ties to the frame.  You can see where I had to clear off the foam which is why it took so long.


I now have all the hardware needed to bolt it to the frame.   Everything is grade 5, which basically means that the frame will implode around the bolts, but the bolts will hold.


I also found this in the garbage bin at work today.  It isn't the wider stuff that I wanted, but this is readily available for free from work.  Despite being thinner, I think it will be more than sufficient to hold the frame from lateral movement.  It is steel too, which is good since I won't have to worry about mixing metals, which can lead to premature corrosion/rust.


Once I was done mowing, I decided I still had enough time to pull the tarp down so tomorrow I could get to work immediately.  Unfortunately, when I left work the forecast was nice for the next few days, and when I got home, they changed tomorrow to storms.  Grrrr.  Too late now, I can't really put that tarp up by myself, and certainly not in a reasonable amount of time.  I hope it doesn't get too wet.


On an interesting side note, I got an email that my windows came in today.  They weren't supposed to be in for another week and a half, that is why I ordered them when I did.  Good thing I have a big shed.

Due to the meeting with the driveway committee, another day with no movement on the checklist.
  1. Square up the corners
  2. *Attach ceiling beams
  3. *Secure rafters and beams with hurricane ties
  4. Attach the subflooring to the trailer frame.
  5. *Sheathe the roof
  6. *Install tar paper to make the roof watertight.
  7. Install window framing.
  8. *Tyvek wrap.
  9. *Install roof.
  10. *Install siding.  This includes all flashing.
  11. *Install attic vent and AAV (AAV = air access valve for the plumbing).
  12. Run the rough plumbing. (includes gas line for stove)
  13. Run the rough electric.
  14. *Install rodent barrier.
  15. *Install insulation.
  16. *Install flooring.
  17. *Install ceiling and attic insulation.
  18. *Install light fixtures.
  19. *Install paneling
  20. *Complete electrical and plumbing.
  21. *Install final flooring (carpet/linoleum).
  22. Install interior fixtures.  When I get here, I will likely create a new list for the interior work.

No comments:

Post a Comment