Saturday, August 26, 2017

No items completed, but a lot of progress made.

I didn't manage to check any items off the list today, but I still got a lot of stuff done.  I got a late start, since I was running a bigger sleep deficit than I thought, and didn't roll out of bed until 1030 despite going to bed at my normal time.  It was another gorgeous day though and I still managed to get a lot done, just none of them are completed.

I managed to get most of the sheathing done today.  There are still a couple of pieces left at the end.  It turns out that there are two rafters I forgot to install that I can't seemingly find, so I picked up the parts for that and will hopefully get that done tomorrow.


I even managed to get most of them in without a lot of misses.  There are still a few, but only a couple, unlike the shed where I missed with many dozen when doing the flooring and siding.  I actually marked the boards this time with where the support beam was...


I apparently miscalculated.  I thought I would need 8 sheets of plywood, but I am going to have a lot leftover.  These are the extras, and while one or maybe two will be used for the partials (you may notice above that only every other board goes all the way from ridge to wall), I will have at least two pieces, maybe three left, which is more than a sheet worth.  Oh well.


In addition, the generator ran out of gas, so I went back to attaching the flooring.  All the hurricane ties are now bolted in.  I also got some of the strapping in as well.  I didn't get this finished because I lost a nut somewhere, I only had three nuts and 4 bolts.  So I picked up another nut to finish that with since I couldn't find it.

The first strap turned out pretty ugly.


Then I figured out a better way to do it so the rest of the them look nice and probably will hold better.  They are clamped to the frame with a bolt and large fender washers, and then screwed into the subflooring.  I didn't want to bolt them directly since the bolt is 3/4 of the thickness of the strap, which would greatly weaken it.  As before, I used grade 5 bolts, so the whole thing will implode before they give up.


I have enough material for four straps, one at each corner.  I am hoping that is enough.  The plan for tomorrow is to wrap up 4 and 5, and hopefully start on 6 and 7.  I might have assistance tomorrow, Matt might come up, so we might be able to finish all of them (though that is most likely wishful thinking)
  1. Square up the corners
  2. Attach ceiling beams
  3. Secure rafters and beams with hurricane ties
  4. Attach the subflooring to the trailer frame.
    1. Only one strap remaining
  5. Sheathe the roof
    1. Only the front edge remains.
  6. *Install tar paper to make the roof watertight.  *5
  7. Install window framing.
  8. *Tyvek wrap.  *7
  9. *Install roof.  *6
  10. *Install siding.  This includes all flashing.  *8
  11. *Install attic vent and AAV (AAV = air access valve for the plumbing). *10
  12. Run the rough plumbing. (includes gas line for stove)
  13. Run the rough electric.
  14. *Install rodent barrier.  *4
  15. *Install insulation.  *10
  16. *Install flooring.  *15
  17. *Install ceiling and attic insulation. *13
  18. *Install light fixtures.  *17
  19. *Install paneling  *13, 15
  20. *Complete electrical and plumbing.  *19
  21. *Install final flooring (carpet/linoleum).  *16, 19
  22. Install interior fixtures.  When I get here, I will likely create a new list for the interior work.

No comments:

Post a Comment