Wednesday, August 2, 2017

The circle jerk continues.

For any of my fellow readers out there, do yourself a favor and avoid the state of NH if you ever have a desire to actually have your own place.

So I met with the planning board today about the driveway permit.  Apparently despite me explicitly asking if I could set up a meeting with the driveway committee (to which I was told it wouldn't be necessary) was a complete lie, since they are now setting up a meeting with the driveway committee.  This of course means that they won't be able to approve the permit until their September meeting.  This in turn means that I won't be able to get the building permit at the next Selectman's meeting, they will have to deny it again (they only have a month to deliberate on it before they have to reject or approve it), and I will have to submit a third application.  The lot in Stoddard is looking more and more appealing...  By next year I could purchase it outright with cash, and Stoddard I have been told (by someone who actually lives there) has a lot less red tape, since they actually like growing their tax base and getting more money.

With that venting out of the way, I got everything tarped up today.  I went up at lunch with Greg.  He did one side I did the other.


I also moved the wall on the carport to the other side and pushed everything up against it.  This way it is more open, and easier to move around.  I also won't have to take the tarps down when I go to work this way.  It was actually Tim's idea.


Fortunately I stopped up at the property before going up to the meeting with the numbnuts quorum, since he apparently didn't tie down one side.  I got that fixed up with a few straps, and hopefully it holds.

2 comments:

  1. so looking for new property and selling this one shall be commencing soon? I Do love the names you have for your town board officials.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a bunch of other names in mind that were less appropriate for a public blog...

      I have started looking at property in Stoddard, which is another town north. One of my coworkers lives there, so I have him doing a little digging. That said, it is hard to swallow losing 7-8 grand. I have sunk 3500 into it already, and would lose 10% (brokerage fees and the like) off the top should I sell it. Then there is the matter of time: that lot was listed for almost three years when I bought it, I might have to wait three years to sell it, which frankly doesn't sound appealing.

      Add to that the only chance I have of moving out of my apartment this year is that lot, and things get murkier.

      Delete