Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Giant pile of boards ready to be cut.

I went up after work today, which was supposed to be nice.  It wasn't.  The wind was howling, enough to make the carport lean almost a foot in the gusts, and this is what the sky looked like.


Despite the reported <10% chance of rain, it got very wet today.


I decided to stay up and at least get the boards marked, ready for cutting.  I also got to see first hand how far in the rain comes.  It comes in further than I expected.  I expected a few feet on the ends, but not on the slab side where the roof is only about 7 foot.  My foot was on the edge of getting wet.




After getting all the boards marked, I decided to play with the circular saw I got from Greg.  He hasn't used it in years, and has a newer one, so he gave me the old one.  It looks familiar.  It is a newer model of mine, around the same era as dads.


Everything from my saw fits it, which is good since it didn't come with the wrench and stuff.  I went and put new blades on it and mine, and found out that the old Craftsman blades that came with my saw don't actually fit.  They are all set for a 5/8" arbor, but they didn't drill them out properly.


As long as Greg's old one works good, I will probably toss mine.  It has severe power issues and smokes when you run it hard, which is normally not a good sign.

I also ordered the windows today.  693 dollars and 2 weeks later, I will have all the pieces.  Windows are expensive, but I didn't go with el cheapo ones, I got nice double-pane with argon insulation and double hung windows.  Probably overkill since this is a temporary residence.

Hopefully tomorrow everything will be good to go for cutting, since I have a stack of around 40 boards now waiting to be cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment