Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Quick update; other side done.

I finished the other side today, so all the rafters that are hung (there are two still MIA) are now attached to the top plates.  I got out of work later than desired, so it took me all the way to sunset.


I had to prop up the ridge to get things lined up better.  I will probably build a support for it once I get a little further along.


One slightly disappointing thing is that even despite the braces and the whole roof now being attached, the walls still went back to being slightly tilted when I released the straps and everything.  at this point, there isn't much I can do about it, and it isn't bad, but it is still disappointing.  They are better than before, but still not square.  I might try straightening it back up and using longer braces so that the natural flex in the wood is less significant.  The siding is the last piece that will help hold it square, so I will need to look at it before then.

Not much movement on the to do list, but I am planning on leaving work a little early tomorrow and will try to get at least two and three done, maybe four if all goes well.  I picked up a spool of wire and the tar paper, so I have those at the ready just in case, though with everything so far taking longer than expected, I doubt I get that far.  Since the rain on Friday night has moved up to Friday morning, I can't wait until Friday to tarp it.
  1. Square up the corners
  2. Attach ceiling beams
  3. Secure rafters and beams with hurricane ties
  4. Attach the subflooring to the trailer frame.
  5. *Sheathe the roof  *2
  6. *Install tar paper to make the roof watertight.  *5
  7. Install window framing.
  8. *Tyvek wrap.  *7
  9. *Install roof.  *6
  10. *Install siding.  This includes all flashing.  *8
  11. *Install attic vent and AAV (AAV = air access valve for the plumbing). *10
  12. Run the rough plumbing. (includes gas line for stove)
  13. Run the rough electric.
  14. *Install rodent barrier.  *4
  15. *Install insulation.  *10
  16. *Install flooring.  *15
  17. *Install ceiling and attic insulation. *13, 3
  18. *Install light fixtures.  *17
  19. *Install paneling  *13, 15
  20. *Complete electrical and plumbing.  *19
  21. *Install final flooring (carpet/linoleum).  *16, 19
  22. Install interior fixtures.  When I get here, I will likely create a new list for the interior work.

No comments:

Post a Comment