Thursday, August 17, 2017

Another couple items checked off.

For starters, I had another casualty today.  Probably caused by me playing frisbee during lunch.  That being said, I double heat shrink wrapped it, and it is holding pretty well.  Time to get new glasses I guess.


I worked most of the way to sunset (I once again didn't get out when I wanted to), but then had to put the tarp back up, which is a real pain to do by oneself.  I did however, get all the hurricane ties installed, and all the ceiling beams are fastened, the two items I wanted to complete today.


It was a major pain, but I did get the tarp back up.  Took almost an hour, especially in the dark.


I also cleaned out the spare stuff out of my car, I am preparing for a trip to KY to watch the eclipse, so there won't be any posts for a few days.


Here is the final updated checklist before I take off.
  1. Square up the corners
  2. Attach ceiling beams
  3. Secure rafters and beams with hurricane ties
  4. Attach the subflooring to the trailer frame.
  5. Sheathe the roof
  6. *Install tar paper to make the roof watertight.  *5
  7. Install window framing.
  8. *Tyvek wrap.  *7
  9. *Install roof.  *6
  10. *Install siding.  This includes all flashing.  *8
  11. *Install attic vent and AAV (AAV = air access valve for the plumbing). *10
  12. Run the rough plumbing. (includes gas line for stove)
  13. Run the rough electric.
  14. *Install rodent barrier.  *4
  15. *Install insulation.  *10
  16. *Install flooring.  *15
  17. *Install ceiling and attic insulation. *13
  18. *Install light fixtures.  *17
  19. *Install paneling  *13, 15
  20. *Complete electrical and plumbing.  *19
  21. *Install final flooring (carpet/linoleum).  *16, 19
  22. Install interior fixtures.  When I get here, I will likely create a new list for the interior work.

No comments:

Post a Comment