Monday, July 31, 2017

Not quite enough time after work.

I got up there after work today, and managed to make some progress.  I got all the brackets on the rafters.


I also dragged down some plywood.  This is the sheet for the shed for the last joist in the loft that I never installed.  Unfortunately it is warped pretty bad at this point and is hard to move around, but it gets the job done.



I was nervous about how far my drill was going to go, I got one screw in and the battery died.  Thankfully the other battery lasted for the rest of the evening.  I managed to get three sets of rafters in.  I didn't install the ones at the very end since those aren't as important for getting the building tarped.


I have been thinking about using hurricane ties to tie the frame to the trailer.  I am not sure how strong they are, but they are designed to prevent lift, which is primarily what I am looking for.  I am not sure how well they hold on side to side motion though.

Something that struck me this evening as I ran out of daylight is that I need to finish all those items tomorrow.  I am losing Wednesday evening because that is when the meeting with the planning board is.  I might have to take a half day tomorrow to get the rest of the rafters up.  If it were just one day of rain and then nice weather, I might not bother, but after Wednesday, only one of the next 5 days looks nice.  I can tie the trailer down even if it is rainy, as long as I have enough roof that I don't get wet inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment