Monday, July 3, 2017

Sub flooring complete

Dad got here no problems.  He has been helping me the last couple of days.  The first thing we did was set up the car port.  It seems to work ok and it is very nice to have some shade, so I might consider getting a second one at some point.


On Sunday, we got started on the subflooring.  This is as far as we got.


This is because I apparently made an error when I measured the trailer and somehow this happened:


Oops.  I will have to cut about a foot and a half out of the floorplan to make it work.  At least the new generator worked pretty good.


Today, we got the basic framing done before lunch.




We did manage to complete the subflooring too.  This is what the completed subflooring looks like.  





We even got the California corners installed (so I have a lip to attached the flooring to) and the center supports.  The only thing missing is some brackets for over the wheel wells.

It may look like the joist hangers for the longer joists are hung upside down because they are opposite normal construction.  But they are correct to the direction that the force will be applied on the joist.  In a normal house, the joists hang without supports.  You walk on the floor, the force applied goes downward.  You want the support on the bottom in that scenario.  On the trailer frame though, the only walking area is in the center, which has a fulcrum point (the frame rail) and will then push up on the outside.  I also don't have any heavy weights that will completely reside between the outside and the frame rail, so I hung them upside down since the majority of the force applied will be in that direction.

We also went and picked up some lumber for the walls.  I didn't actually think we would get this far, but we might actually finish the two smaller walls tomorrow.  The pile on the slab has gotten smaller.



1 comment:

  1. GO guys! I will pick up dad's slack down here for picking on people.

    ReplyDelete