Saturday, July 8, 2017

Angry Storms

As is becoming my norm, I was out picking stuff up in a rather angry storm today.  I picked up two free windows.  They are actually pretty nice double-hung vinyl ones.  I had intended to use them in the shed, mostly because of their size (they are 32 x 56, bigger than any window planned for the tiny home) but I might revisit the plans and see if I can use them.




The canopy survived the storms, which is good.  I was concerned given that it is a Harbor Freight special.


The only things I noticed were that it seemed to stretch the vinyl covering and there was one spot where it resulted in pooling.


As expected, the tarps pooled in between the wall studs.  Unfortunately there isn't much I could do about that unless I bought enough plywood to lay across the top or something of that nature.


I also picked up the rest of the boards for the last wall piece (for real this time, I hope).  I will probably get the last wall piece built tomorrow, and if I have time I will start cutting the rafters and ridge boards.  I have the lengths and plumb measurements all ready to go, courtesy of an online tool:  https://www.blocklayer.com/roof/gableeng.aspx


If I use a 10' board, I can get two rafters per board, whereas if I use 8' boards I can only get one, so I will be cleaning out Home Depot's stock of 10' boards soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment