Sunday, July 9, 2017

Walls done, rafters cut.

I completed the last section of wall today.


I also got all the rafters cut.  I calculated I need 26 to do the whole roof with no overhang and 2 foot spacing, which is the same as I did on the shed.


Since I never un-tarped the frame, I stored the new wall under the center of the carport on some blocks so it isn't on the concrete.  It is leaning against the sawhorse which isn't going to move, and I piled the furnace, toolbox and screws on the other side to make sure it doesn't move.  It didn't look like the center got wet, even with the angry storms.


You can't really tell by the picture, but the reason it pooled is because the tubes bent.  You can kinda see it in the back left set of tubing on this picture.


It is a good thing the selectman meeting is tomorrow, I am rapidly running out of things that I can do without the building.  I can finish up some of the frame stuff (centering the subflooring, putting the trailer frame up on blocks, finish the sanding and painting on the newly welded parts) but other than that I am pretty close to out of things to do.  I really really hope I get the building permit tomorrow and not another run around.

1 comment: