Sunday, July 23, 2017

Walls ready, tractor broke.

Something that I found rather annoying is that I have to drive an hour to Harbor Freight if I want a tarp larger 10x12.  The largest Home Depot carries in stock is 8x10 and the largest that Ace had in stock was 10x12.  Harbor Freight had a cheap 20x30, but two hours is a lot of time to spend just to go shopping...  

The first thing I did when I got up there was move the trailer away from the edge of the slab about a foot.  This way I can put skirting and stuff on it.


I also installed the corners around the wheels.  I used a 2x4, but I might have to shave some of it away when I go to work on it.


The 2x4 clears the tire, but only barely.  It might be challenging to take the tires off.  That is a worry for a later date though.


All the proper california corners are installed and everything is ready to go for the walls.  I also picked up the rafter hangers and hurricane ties.


I did manage to get the yard mowed today, but the tractor is busted.  The ignition is seizing up.  I managed to finagle it enough to get it started today, but once I got it started, I made sure I didn't turn it off until I was finished.  I also noted that I can't remove the key anymore, it is stuck in the ignition.  I will have to look up and see how easy it is to change, to see if I am going to do it or bring it somewhere, I don't have a lot of free time at the moment, and the push mower hasn't been fixed yet either (not that going back to the push mower is an acceptable alternative).


Everything may have come down pretty quick, but it takes a lot longer to get the tarps back on.  I don't have complete coverage, but oh well.  I plan on standing up the walls this week, and hopefully getting the roof on as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment