Sunday, July 16, 2017

Roasting day.

It was hot today.  Really hot.  In an unusual turn of events, the high for the day in Swanzey was the same as Sullivan (Sullivan is normally 3-5 degrees cooler), but both areas flirted with 90.

My blocks didn't hold up well, so instead I just put the third loop on the tarp on.


I also spent a lot of time siphoning water off the tarps.  It is kind of a slow process, but I got all the water off without dumping all over my walls and subflooring.




The hose is actually for my mixer valve controller, but it worked better than a garden hose that I tried to use on the shed when I was building it.


I also put the new carport together.  They have changed the numbers on all the parts since the the one I bought a couple of weeks ago, and it took a lot (and I do mean a lot) longer with only person.  I tried to put the top on before putting the legs on, and that appears to have made it easier.  But it is standing.  I will need to figure a couple of things out, most notably being how to cover the ends, since it is 20 feet long, and the floorplan is 24 and a half feet.


A couple of changes, they changed out all the anchors.  You get 4 beefier ones, but the other ones are even wimpier than before.


The wimpy ones are a little thinner, and several inches shorter.


Even the beefier ones didn't seem to anchor that well.  All the stirred up dirt was from it moving around as I tried to tie it down.


I also realized that I didn't have enough bungee cords to move the big tarps to the sides, so those are still covering the main flooring.  This is all I have left after the one side on the other carport.


The main things I need to figure out is how to move it over about a foot (the trailer is a little too close to the edge of the slab), how to cover the extra almost 5 feet, and how I am going to raise the whole shebang up a couple of feet so that I can stand the walls up underneath it.

No comments:

Post a Comment